Aug 1, 2014

Now THAT'S Customer Service!

After my last post, here, I had people telling me how they couldn't wait for me to reveal my 20th Anniversary Ring custom made by the wonderful folks over at Todd Reed.


Oh the excitement of waiting for this to arrive!!

I had a nice blog post all worked out where I would tell you how the whole thing got started - here - and how the conversations back and forth with Miranda W. over at the Todd Reed Studio in Boulder, Colorado have been fantastic and I would show you the photos of the 'work in progress' they sent me and then I would reveal 'said beauty'.

Well, it all happened just as mentioned,...with one tiny little blip. 

I say tiny because my ring isn't the most extravagant, nor the most expensive.  It's rather small in comparison to the amazing and super luxurious pieces put out by the team over at Todd Reed.

But the coolest thing is, that doesn't seem to matter.  At least that's how they are making me feel, because the level of customer service I've received from them has been absolutely wonderful!

Definitely Top Notch!

So, here's the scoop!

I had selected what looked like a black diamond for the main stone of my ring (even Miranda and Jennifer over at the TR studio thought it looked black in the photos).



See, that middle one does look black, doesn't it?



But, when I opened the fed ex package and saw the certificate with the description of my ring, it said, 'brown diamond'.  And I immediately thought, "Oh, I hope it's so dark that it looks black" (I'm not really a 'chocolate-colored diamond' kind of girl).

I opened the lovely box (Their packaging is really amazing!!) and,...it was a brown diamond. A very beautiful, brown diamond too, I might add. Simply beautiful. But brown.


Okay - So here's a little sneak peak!


My heart sank just a smidge because I had wanted black. 

Like a dark, super shiny, black.


So, I picked up the phone, called the team over at TR, and a very nice person by the name of Jennifer answered. 

Her response when I told her what had happened put my heart right back where it belonged!  She said, "Not a problem at all Michelle. I will email you a fed ex label for you to send it back to us and we'll replace the brown diamond with a black one. We want you to be completely happy with your ring."

"Awesome!!"  
 
With the exception; once I tried the ring on I did not want to take it off!  It was like sliding butter on my finger - so smooth and perfect in every way.  It felt amazing!

But, the diamond wasn't going to just insert itself into my ring, so back in the lovely box it went.

The other day my ring arrived via Fed Ex in Boulder and the wonderful folks over at Todd Reed will be adding a black diamond for me very soon.  

See what I mean?

 Excellent customer service!


(I know a few companies who could take cue from these folks!!) 

In the meantime, here's a little sneak peak of the pics they sent me of my ring being created.



It does kinda look brown in the top right corner; but black in the bottom right one.



I understand that a young man by the name of Chapin is the one in the photo working on my ring.  (Thank you!)

They sent the photos to me in a printed out sheet instead of in digital format, which is very nice because I can keep it with my certificate of authenticity - pretty cool, eh?! 
 
And yes, I will reveal the actual ring, complete with some close up pics that I will take, once it arrives back here to me. 

Plus, I'll share the sketch I sent them of how I wanted my stones placed/arranged and the super cool little 'gift' they enclose with their packages, too. 

It's funny, because I'm sure most people don't get this excited over their wedding anniversary bands or for that matter even their actual engagement or wedding rings, but I'm a bit of a drama queen when it comes to jewelry that I love,....so you'll just have to bear with me! 

Thanks in advance! :-) 

Until Next Time,
Peace, Love and Waiting to Really Gush!!
Cheers,
~Shel~

2 comments:

  1. Man, I am so sorry the "first reveal" for you was not the black diamond! However, I can see by the "sneak peak design" picture that it is a stunner nonetheless! Hoping you receive the ring back in record time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti - I should be getting my ring back sometime Mid-August or so I believe they said and I'm excited to share it with everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing what you have to say - I love hearing your comments!