Aug 19, 2014

Look What I Got!

Can you see what I'm sportin' in this photo?


It's back on my finger and oh, so beautiful!!
 

Yep!  It's my 20th Anniversary Ring!  

 I'm wearing it a bit early, as our 20th anniversary isn't until Mid-September, but I just couldn't resist! 





So, here it is. 

All shiny and beautiful with a super awesome 
black diamond!! 

I couldn't be happier!




In the post where I mentioned getting my ring and how I sent it back because the diamond was brown (a very beautiful brown, too!!) instead of black, I told you how wonderful the folks over at Todd Reed in Boulder, CO were and how their customer service was just top notch

Well, that's so true.




You can read that post - HERE - and also see the photos they sent me of my ring being created. It was super sweet of them to send the photos and what a cool memento for me to keep with my certificate of authenticity!

Oh, and speaking of their exceptional customer service, check out the fabulous ceramic bird they included in the package with my ring.  Isn't she beautiful?




It's from a local Boulder artist named Caroline Douglas.

Her work is just lovely!!

They told me they send each of their customers a piece of art from a local artist. 

How cool is that?!!

Yep - the folks over at Todd Reed really know how to impress. 

I told you I would share the little drawing I sent them showing how I wanted my custom ring created.






Yep. They did an amazing job!

From that scary little sketch of mine to this fabulous ring. 





Now that's what I call 'vision'.

I love my ring. 

It goes with everything, is probably the most comfortable ring I've ever had, fits perfectly and is so pretty I can't stop staring at it! 

As you can see, it's perfectly 'me'.  




Except, several of my friends were shocked that I didn't get a ring with a pearl in it. 

So, let me explain. Since this is a ring I will be wearing all the time and rarely, if ever, take off, then I couldn't have a pearl because I shouldn't be showering, doing dishes, cleaning my house, playing in the pool or ocean and all that kind of stuff with a pearl ring on.  I don't have the discipline to take it off for all those things, nor the memory to put it back on each time and all that water and those possible chemicals are not good for a pearl's delicate and oh so beautiful nacre. 

It would dull the luster, and we can't have any of that!

So I guess that means I'll just have to get a Todd Reed pearl creation next,...you know something to wear only on special occasions, like lounging around the house while watching zombie movies, decked out in my comfy clothes. With my hands nowhere near water or chemicals. 

Unless of course, a glass of wine would count as a chemical! LOL!!




I want to give a special "Thank You" to all the folks over at Todd Reed for their exceptional customer service and their awesome design and fabrication skills - you guys ROCK!!  

Until Next Time, 
Peace, Love and Raw Happiness!
Cheers,
~Shel~

Oh, and Michael, you did good honey!
It's exactly what I wanted for our 20th!! 
~LOVE YOU~
 

12 comments:

  1. Your ring is just beautiful and so are you. Love your design! and the ring!....but....what no pearls?....I understand though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah,...no pearls this time,.....I'm working on the hubby for the next purchase! LOL!!

      Delete
  2. Love your sketch - your ring turned out perfectly! While I do love the black diamond and the setting, I have to say, it is the texture on the band that truly makes this ring a statement piece - I am a texture girl through and through! So happy for you! Happy early Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And, I agree Patti, the texture is super! It's not your traditional anniversary band, that's for darn sure!! (Thank goodness, cause I'm just not that much of a traditional gal!)

      Delete
  3. Holy moly, Shel! The ring is just gorgeous and I agree that the metal texturing has a lot to do with it. This company really knows how to please the customer with the whole experience beginning to end. Enjoyed your expressions almost as much as the fabulous ring on your finger! Happy anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynda!! They really are a great company to do business with. Everyone I have spoken with has been super! And yes, my expressions are rather hilarious, aren't they?! But I just couldn't contain my excitement when my ring arrived. Mike was like, 'Calm down, honey!!' LOL!!

      Delete
  4. What a great way to celebrate your 20th! Your hubby is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Shaiha,...that's debatable! (the keeper part!) LOL!! Just kidding,...yep, he's been around this long, so I'm kind of attached to him!!

      Delete
  5. How cool to have a ring that's so perfectly you and exactly what you wanted!! Happy (early) anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing what you have to say - I love hearing your comments!