Chasing Ghosts!


 
So, if you've read the blog recently, you know that last
weekend I was in Jerome with my girlfriends. 
 
 
 
 
(Love these crazy kids!)
 
 
Kyle calling The Ghostbusters upon arriving at the Jerome Grand Hotel.
Janet grabbing Elvis - what a hoot!
Us getting photo-bombed by a local shop owner in front of Passion Cellars Wine Tasting!
 
 
Jerome is one of Arizona's most talked about, historic, unique, colorful, artistic, and haunted, little towns.
 
 
 
 
 
(Lot's of cool stuff to photograph, too!)
 
 
 
The Textures of Jerome remind of the ones in Italy.
 
 
 
You can read the pre-trip post, here, about the 'Ghostly Encounter' I had the last time I stayed over night at the Jerome Grand Hotel (room 43 I think we decided it was)
 
 
 
 
 
Picked up a new book while it town,....should have read this before my last trip! ;-)
 

I've been fascinated with ghosts and ghost/supernatural/spirit stories since I was a little girl, but since I wasn't really looking to hit the 'replay' button on the above mentioned experience again, I was careful to 'ground' myself prior to entering the hotel this time; and, I had a little 'talk' with the spirits who inhabit this super cool, old building (it was once a hospital), letting them know my rules and intentions from the get-go!
 
 
For the people who have asked how our weekend was and told us to post some things, here's a little pictorial for you.
 
 
 
The 'Haunted' Jerome Grand Hotel
 
 
My sister and I were up rather early Sunday morning and got the chance to chat with Carrie, a super nice guest at the hotel who was also up with the sun and sitting outside. After exchanging stories and telling her to go to the Flatiron for the best coffee on the planet once her friends woke up and started moving about, we went our separate ways - saying hello to them at the restaurant later that morning.
 
 
You can read my 'review' of The Flatiron, here!
 
 
Well, Carrie messaged me this week with quite the story telling about how she recorded some 'whispering' in her hotel room during the night with her phone!
 
She said she didn't hear the whispering while it was happening and didn't bother to listen to her recording until returning back to the Valley at the end of the weekend, and that's when she discovered it!  You can read her comments, here, at the bottom of the post.
 
Pretty scary stuff if you ask me!!
 
You'll be happy to know (or possibly disappointed) that I was not visited by, nor did I see any ghostly beings,...although, we did capture something in this photo (an apparition, perhaps?). 
 
 
 
4th Floor landing at the Jerome Grand Hotel
Photo taken 2-22-14 - approximately 7:00p.m.
Taken with my Htc-rezound phone - no editing, except for the photo frame.
The 'yellow' light is a reflection of the lamp light that was next to this bureau.
The white-ish cloudiness that's smeared across the photo?
Well, let's just say it's 'something' interesting.
 
 
The people who were up on the 4th floor with their EMF meter and IR thermometer were picking up quite the activity in this exact location and upon seeing the photo, were certain that our 'something' really was 'SOMETHING'!
 
 
I hope if you're ever in Arizona, that you take the time to visit Jerome.
 
 
The Sights of Jerome
 
 
 
It's a great little place, full of excitement, full of history, fun, adventure, great people and lots of photo ops.
 
 
 
Lovely old, rusty car in the Jerome Grand Hotel Parking Lot
 
 
Until Next Time,
Peace, Love and
Hanging with Friends in Haunted Places!
Cheers,
~Shel~

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like an interesting visit. Was there to tour the mining museum but have not been back for quite some time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have me wanting to go! It would be a great place to meet up with Mom who lives in Mesa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shaiha, you and your mom would have so much fun - it's quite the unique place. It's full of narrow, winding roads and is known as the West's most vertical ghost town - rightly so! Wear comfy shoes!! :-) And take lots of pictures!

      Delete
  3. OMgosh, that picture of Janet and Elvis cracked me up! It looks like you all were having a blast. After your last experience and reading Carrie's comment and seeing your photo I just don't think I could stay there! I'd rather hear other people's stories, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit to never getting a restful nights sleep when I've stayed at the Jerome Grand,....even this time, there were people running up and down the halls, 'screaming' and acting like ghosts - even though they make you sign an 'agreement/contract' that you won't disturb any guests, knock on doors or make any noise at all. It's always interesting, to say the least!!

      Delete
  4. Talk about an experience!! Wow...I think I could be game to stay there. :-) My Mom had an experience with a ghost in a castle (hotel) where she was stying in Ireland that she'll never forget. I enjoyed seeing a few glimpses of your weekend on Instagram. I have to admit I've really fallen off the bandwagon with blogging and visiting blogs, especially now that I've found Instagram and not being on FB much. So happy to catch up with you here again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do spill the beans about your Mom's experience. I'd love to stay in a castle in Ireland,...even a haunted one!! And I'm with you on the whole Instagram thing - keeps me off fb more and more and I'm a bit behind on my blog reading!! ;-)

      Delete
  5. We've stayed at the grande twice... last time was just before you were there.. no ghosts.. although our room did have a giant spider outside it... left over from hallowe'en?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing what you have to say - I love hearing your comments!